I really enjoy Crash Course on youtube to give me the general overview of topics I am unfamiliar with. They zoom through the subject so you cover lots of ground in a very short time frame but they also use good examples and analogies to make the content accessible. It’s a great starting point to understand the science behind what our planet does for us.
The Ecology playlist above has 12 videos breaking down the content into the themes below;
- Brakes Down Global Evolution into the different Eras and Epochs
- What is Population Ecology?
- Human Population Growth
- Community Ecology
- Ecological Succession
- Ecosystem Ecology
- Water and Carbon Cycles
- Nitrogen and Phosphorous Cycles
- Human Impact on the Environment
- Conservation and Restoration Ecology
Crash Course have also made a bunch of other shows that may be of interest to you